Thursday, August 05, 2010

Mahabalipuram '2010

After running out of options of what to do after the parade decide to hit out the outskirts of Chennai. Its Mahabalipuram. Never been to that before. So kind of had good time. The big thing I learned is, I got to know the reason why two stupid minds of Girl and Boy takes a ride to Mahabalipuram. Trust me its not out of jealous, but for sheer recklessness of behavior.




It all started with small beach... My view is, Marina is 1000times better than this beach... probably I guess I visited wrong place since many ppl visit Mahabalipuram for beaches...




A surprisingly empty place...


And here you go, the absolute beauty... my heart goes out for this view... proud to take this view in my mobile cam...


This is the Shoreline temple which is preserved after much fight against nature... There is a sea barricade to prevent sea water entering/nearing, some coat over stones to prevent erosion.... there is theory that much other parts of this temple destroyed/remain under sea...


True to its world famous sculptures... Amazing piece but left unfinished... Who really know what happened then.. 1000 years ago...


A small pit at top of temple... must be some planned piece of work left unfinished... or probably something else... so many questions since my visit... but one thing for sure, they could have create marvel in this place had they completed what was started... mind blowing thinking of molding a rocky mountain...


Another piece of sculpture... for confused ppl who couldn't differentiate between the real and actual, the colored one is me and the brown one is sculpture :)... what else you can expect :)


Yet another piece of unfinished work of >1000 year remain...


tried to make my own kind of design.. but couldn't get time... came back...


before leaving, got to click this my favorite piece of photo... light house on hill top...

No comments:

Post a Comment