Saturday, February 03, 2007

Trip to Shimla

Here it comes finally... Yes, the long awaiting pictures of my Shimla trip. I went to Shimla with my friend Arun in the month of October,06. It was a very refreshing and wonderful trip. Also it gave me a first hand knowledge of North India. That was my first trip in North India and travelled through Kurushektra, Ambala, Chandigarh and Kalka.

I got into train at 10Pm at Nizammudin Railway Station, South Delhi. Next day morning we got down in Chandigarh Railway Station at 7AM. From the moment I stepped out of that station I felt, the city Chandigarh has lots in offer to me. From the Chandigarh station I travelled to bus station to get the bus to Shimla. As I expected, It was really a beatifull and wonderful city. Straight roads, more importantly roads were very clean. Really enjoyed the short travel in the city. By the time we reached bus station we are too hungry and wanted to refresh. So from bus station we went to near by Sector 17 market by walk. You will definitely say WoW once you get into that market. It was huge, clean and tidy market. Those old age look buildings lined up at both sides with big space between them added more beauty. After a some search, we found
a age old restaurant. Felt that I was moving back into Gandhian era. That restaurant was named after Gandhi and people worked were all wearing the Nehru style dresses which typically has white Kurda and a type of cap. Luckily they had South Indian items and more surprising fact is they menu have only South Indian items. We had hot and tasty Dosa and Idly with different North Indian cooking flavor.

Here are the pictures of my first stop over on the way to Shimla


Chandigarh Railway Station Entrance

Chandigarh Railway Station

Me at Chandigarh Railway Station

Another View of Chandigarh Railway Station

Beautiful Sector 17 Market

Another View of Market

No comments:

Post a Comment